Friday, October 4, 2013

Fortune Cookie Soap Box Fall 2013 Haul and Review

I've said many times on this blog that I really wanted to do a subscription box again and I think I've finally found one that fits for me! This is the Fortune Cookie Soap Box for Fall. FCS is an indie bath and body company that puts out a box quarterly. The box is $20 but you get a $10 coupon. Each box contains all the new fragrances for that season and they usually put those scents up 2 to 3 weeks after the boxes are sent out so that you have time to pick and choose which scents you want to order.
Fortune Cookie Soap in Autumn Daze (full size) -  FCS says this scent has notes of apples, cardamom and pecans. I do get the apples and pecans but I don't know what cardamom smells like. I'm not a huge fan of this scent and I'm not sure if it's the cardamom or the soap that's not doing it for me.
Whipped Cream in "I Yam What I Yam" Said the Marshmallow (sample) - This smells exactly like what you would assume it would smell like, yams and marshmallows. In the container it has an odd sort of pungency but it goes away on the skin and just smells like sweet goodness. Bonus, I freaking love the formula of this. I'm not really a lotion person but I can't get over how much I love this one.
Bath Oil in <Insert Cookie Cutter Name Here> (sample) -  This smells like a lemon vanilla cookie. Not too much of either note and the citrus doesn't smell like cleaner. I like the scent ok, I'm just not a lemon scent person.
Personal Space in Pick of the Patch (sample) - Tis the season for pumpkin scents but this one is a bit different. Most pumpkin scents are a spicy cooked type of pumpkin and this one is more of a sweet fresh pumpkin. It's a great scent but I'm iffy on the product. Maybe I'm not spraying enough but the scent doesn't really spread out or linger. 
OCD Hand Sanitizer in Indian Summer (full size) - The scent description says notes of blueberry, woods and musk and that's so dead on. The musk is obviously the strongest note but the blueberry and woods hold their own. To me it's a manly scent. I like it, just not enough to want it in a body product. 
Milk Bath in You're Insecure, Donut What For #fall (sample) - If you're looking carefully you'll notice the label is upside down. That's because the bag came with a small hole in the bottom that quickly grew into a giant hole. The scent is delicious. If you've ever smelled Vanilla Bean Noel from Bath and Body Works (or CBV!), this is a slightly sweeter version of that. I can't tell if there is cinnamon in this or not but FCS says there is.
Bath Fizzy in Leeeaaf Piiiile!! (sample) - I love this scent! It's an apple and acorns scent that's just perfect for fall! The apple is juicy and fresh smelling and the acorns give it some depth and woodiness that almost makes it a bit perfumey. This was my immediate favorite of the bunch and it still is.
Wax Tart in Cranberry + Apple = FTW (sample) - Again, as the name implies, this is an apple and cranberry scent. It smells like Thanksgiving or Christmas. You probably already know that I'm not a wax melter so this product isn't going to get any love from me but I do quite enjoy the scent.


I did use my $10 off coupon and this is what I got! I chose two of the whipped creams in Leeeaaf Piiiile!! and You're Insecure, Donut What For. I also decided to try the Sugar Scrub and I got that in I Yam What I Yam. My free sample was Gin Gimlet bar soap. It smells like a men's lime scent but I like it. It does lean a bit towards kitchen cleaner but not enough to be offensive. I probably won't make another purchase before the winter box arrives but if I did I would buy something in Pick of the Patch or Cranberry + Apple = FTW. I also want to get a full size of the Milk Bath and try some more of their body products, like the body mists or the shower gel.

Thanks for sticking with me through this super long post! Has anyone else tried FCS? What products do I just have to try from them. If you haven't and want to get the next box, SIGN UP ASAP! They've warned on their FB page that it will sell out quickly! They do ship internationally!

No comments:

Post a Comment